We’re looking for local professionals & retirees to join us in expanding the capacity of United Way staff in connecting with the the Greater Lorain County community.
Learn more about what we do below and if you’re interested:
- Fill out this form, or
- Contact our office at (440) 277-6530 to learn more about what we do!
Current members can view a list of available offerings here.
WHAT DO SERVEUNITED AMBASSADORS DO?
WHAT'S THE COMMITMENT?
ServeUnited Ambassadors typically spend about 1-5 hours every month volunteering & building connections. The time spent falls into the following opportunities:
- Using a script or template, assist development staff in making gratitude phone calls, writing thank you/holiday cards to donors, requesting in-kind donations from community supporters.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE:
- Help test and provide feedback on volunteer projects before they go public-facing. Activities include filling in with low registrations, book sorting, Little Free LIbrary restocking, compiling literacy kits.
- Network with ServeUnited members and other United Way supporters at one of our Small Business United partners, provide needed support for United Way events such as A Night at The Bee or Celebration of Community Impact.
AM I QUALIFIED?
If you are…
- …passionate about our community
- …a goal setter
- …interested in advocating for United Way of Greater Lorain County
- …creative and personable
- …able to make the commitment
…then we’d love to talk to you!
Contact volunteer[at]uwloraincounty.org for more information – or fill out the form above!